RV Inspector

kstills

I got certified a couple of years ago but decided not to follow through on starting a business. The course was very thorough (2 weeks) but I wasn't comfortable climbing on RV roofs on a regular basis plus I was concerned about the cost and liability issues of insurance. I did speak to a few people who are doing it and it can be lucrative based on geography. If you are moving constantly it would be hard to develop a following but if you stayed fairly local out west or down south it might work out very well.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with tfavorite.  I was offered an opportunity to become a charter member of a national rv inspection firm.  They were a few years from real inspections and I was looking for paying work at the time, so the roads did not cross.  There are regional areas where this can work out for you BUT it has to make sense for you.  Also know that you will have to set up a business of your own(including the taxes, fees and overhead needed for that business), have capitol to live on while you attempt to get your business off the ground, this will include tools and equipment, continuous training, travel, and of course the business functions and equipment that are necessary to run your business.  For some it can be daunting.  I have been a business owner for over 30 years and so I understand these things but some can be intimidated with those.  Proceed with caution, as there is no guarantee of work or of making a profit.

Marcel