"Access Denied" using RV park Wifi - but, connect OK on tethered cell phone

I've been connecting to the "Civil War Talk" web site for over a year and no problems but, yesterday I started getting the Message "Access Denied - Error 1020" and some information that Cloudflare is blocking my connection to the site.    I'm connecting via my Dell Latitude laptop, using Windows 7, and Firefox browser using the RV park's wifi.   This is only happening on the Civil War Talk web site - all the other web sites I use seem to be working OK;  I'm not having any problems sending or receiving email.  

So, I've been fussing with this thing all day - the usual : cleared the cache, zapped all the cookies, re-boot, make sure I have the latest version of my browser, etc. - still getting the Access Denied page.   So, i disconnected from the RV park wifi and set up my flip phone's USB tether to connect via the cell phone data connection to the nearest cell tower - and voila, It works!  

So, RV park wifi - bad   /  flip phone tethering - good.

Has this happened to anybody else ?   Any suggestions on how to get the wifi connection to work on the Civil War Talk web site?

Thanx,

Dave

Edited by DavidCD

This is my guess.  Cloudflare is a service that protects web sites.  There may have been someone else at the park with an infected computer, so Cloudflare has blacklisted that IP address.

Safe Travels (or not)...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

41 minutes ago, k4rs said:

This is my guess.  Cloudflare is a service that protects web sites.  There may have been someone else at the park with an infected computer, so Cloudflare has blacklisted that IP address.

My suspicion is that someone using the park's IP address was suspected of being part of a Denial of Service attack which is something that Cloudflare commonly protects sites against.  The person's computer may have been "infected" in the sense that it had been hijacked and was, subsequently, part of a DOS attack.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels