New to us RV

Charlotte Boyd

We are escapee members and have been for many years. We sold our 40’ toyhauler and pickup to pull it and we bought a 27’ Thor Vegas 2018 with 5k miles from Sky River RV Paso Robles CA. It is back where we bought it. Needs the awning fixed the grommets under the hood where it bounces around. One of the compartments was not even sealed and the roof looks like it has bubbling and the passenger window needs weather stripping. I am thinking that the people that put it their on consignment were not truthful in telling them there were no problems. Once on a ladder I could where it had markings like they had hit something just slightly.  We have not had the RV for 10 days yet and yes we bought the extended warranty. When we dropped it off yesterday thinking it would be ready today but NO. the service girl said oh you bought the warranty right we couldn’t get to it as we have 3 service guys out sick so maybe next week. I am thinking they are going to try and hit the warranty people that has our contract to cover the costs of these repairs. I am thinking there is no lemon law on RV’s in CA and once they make this first claim the warranty could cancel us. Crazy RV world we live in. Oh and my husband thinks it may need new shocks.

51 minutes ago, Charlotte Boyd said:

Trying to validate that I am an escapee member. 

Welcome to the Escapees forums and to the RV club as well. I'm not sure what it is that you wish to verify, but you are listed in the membership directory so you are members.

I don't know what I can assist you with, but I do doubt that you need new shocks on a vehicle with only 5,000 miles. In looking at the vehicle specs, it has a 3 year/36k chassis warranty so if it should need them you can get that done by a Ford truck shop under warranty. If you have handling problems, the first thing I would do is to get it weighed. Make sure that it doesn't exceed the GVWR of 14,500# total and there should also be a data plate on the driver's door frame that lists the axle weight ratings, which any truck scale will give you. Even better would be to get each wheel's weight but that is a little harder to find a place to have done. There are after market additions for that chassis which have a good history of improving handling, if you need them. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI