Android Phones

5 hours ago, RV_ said:

Keep us posted. I can also receive PM messages here or rv at rvroadie dot com. What a deal!

I picked up the phone around noon and it's all setup and updated.  Having done this before, I decided not to bother with USB transfer from the old phone.  I made sure that the Pixel 6 Pro had sync'd itself with the cloud this morning so I elected to transfer everything to the new phone directly from the cloud.

It's now 5pm and the everything is complete; all the apps have been downloaded and updated.

The one thing you immediately notice about the phone is the speed of the new Tensor 2 processor.  It does routine tasks like updating an app noticeably faster than I've ever seen before.  I realize that's trying to quantify the difference between fast and faster, but you can tell the difference.

My trade-in kit was mailed today so I should have it by Monday.  I'll send the 6 Pro into its pouch and send it on its way.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for the update Joel, I'm putting all my old phones up for sale Today and ordering mine. EZ PZ! I am not a phone person like I am into computer inner workings and programs/Apps. Duh! It is Google after all who makes Android who makes/designs these phones so I guess it would be a slicker transfer than other brands with their features added to Android. I do like getting updates to the OS and security before anyone else's brand does it. I remember Samsung in 2011 or 12 taking a year to do a promised Android version update to their flagship 10" Galaxy Tab I had after promising it "soon." Pixels are awesome!

How is the new macro closeup lens?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

8 hours ago, RV_ said:

How is the new macro closeup lens?

Here's a photo taken at  a distance of ~2 inches. (The dime is sitting on a butcher block table)

dime reduced.jpg

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Wow! Thanks Joel! That is what I'd hoped for!  With it, we are back to the only limitation again being in the eye of the beholder and their talent for composition.  

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire