What is the best flooring product to replace carpet?

DJ Helgason

We are looking into replacing the flooring. It has carpet and some sort of tiles right now, but we do not want carpet and there are 2 slide outs. One drops down when it reaches the farthest out position and the other doesn’t when sliding out. What is a good product? any tips appreciated
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If the slide has rollers that go on the carpet you have to be careful.  You might need to carry pieces of wood (thin plywood works) to put under the rollers when you put the slide in and out to protect your new floor.  This might just be a Newmar problem, but I am waning you in case you have slide rollers.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

1 hour ago, Bill Joyce said:

If the slide has rollers that go on the carpet you have to be careful.  You might need to carry pieces of wood (thin plywood works) to put under the rollers when you put the slide in and out to protect your new floor.  This might just be a Newmar problem, but I am waning you in case you have slide rollers.  

It's not just a Newmar or coach issue. Some of us with fifth wheels are getting marks on the hard flooring as the slide goes in and out. Lippert makes a product called Slide Slickers (pricey) and I just found an alternative on Walmart.com for 1/3 the price - AP Products 013-410051 Slide-Out Slicker. I just got a pair of the LCI version and they work great. Both products are a hard, slick plastic.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

We used vinyl planking when we replaced our carpet. We have a Class 'A' DP 39'. Our slide doesn't have rollers and the only issue we have had is the nylon block broke. That allowed the slide to drop more than it should have. We have a piece of nylon block we use under the edge of the slide until we can get the block repaired. If we had to do it over we would not install the floor to float as much as the say. Cold weather allows gaps to form:(.Other than that we are very happy,easy cleaning and worry free. It's been installed for about 4 years and took about 3 days to install.      

event.png

2X on vinyl plank flooring.  Waterproof, easy installation and looks good.  Repair is easy with hair dryer and a spare plank.

I don't like the laminate plank flooring as it can be very noisy. With the correct  underlayment it can be relatively quiet. But  repair is difficult.

My vote is the vinyl plank flooring.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg