Harman Kardon Citation 300 deal: ZDNet readers get $350 off the Google Assistant speaker

RV_

I ordered this last night. For folks that part time or have great unlimited Wifi in their rig getting a $499.99 system like this for $149.99, free shipping, no additional tax, it is a real deal. It comes with Google Assistant.  never liked Cortana, aand unless you are ordering something from Amazon, Alexa more often than not says "I'm sorry I don't know that." We have Android phones and Google assistant nails it almost every time. We have three Echo dots and since moving have only hooked up one.  Not impressed. 

This deal is not just a Bluetooth Speaker, this is like the Sonos and other Wifi streaming speakers that can also be used as a Bluetooth speaker. 

We already have all the Bluetooth speakers anyone could use. We have two Bose Soundlink minis, the original and the mini II, the Ion "Wave" waterproof floating one, the Oontz Angle Ultra.

If all you want is a good inexpensive Bluetooth speaker the Oontz Angle Ultra is the best under $100 one I have ever owned, and still have. They are here if all you need is a great small, but great bass, Bluetooth speaker: Oontz Angle Ultra

This is comparable to the Sonos and other Wifi Streaming speakers that can connect to each other to play the same or other sources in multiple rooms.

Warning! These do not have a wired 3.5mm aux. input like regular Bluetooth speakers have. I don't need them.

Excerpt:

"Samsung's Harman Kardon brand is knocking 70% off the price of the Citation 300. The deal requires a discount code and is only available until June 14. It brings the cost of the Google Assistant-enabled smart speaker down to $150 from $500.

If you're shopping for a high-end smart speaker, you have to consider the Harman Kardon Citation 300. It gets everything right and holds its own in a growing field of smart speakers. For instance, it's easy to use, has a screen that displays information, delivers strong audio with rich bass and pointed highs, and it offers Google Assistant functionality.

Deal price: $149.99 | Original price: $499.95

To get the Harman Kardon Citation 300 deal for $150, use the code ZDNET300 at checkout on Harman's site. You can buy the speaker in either the light Winter Gray or the dark Classic Black.

In 2016, Samsung bought Harman. Two years later, the subsidiary revealed a full line-up of Citation connected audio devices. The series includes the One, 100, 300, and 500 smart speakers. The 300 and 500 both have a color LCD on the top, but all have Google Assistant lights on the front and support Chromecast, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. 

They can also be connected into a multi-room arrangement.

According to various price trackers, the Citation 300 model is often reduced by about $50 or so, but this 70% off deal that's exclusive to ZDNet readers is the lowest price to date. Previously, it's lowest was about $300, back in 2019."

OK here is the article from ZDNet with pictures: https://www.zdnet.com/article/harman-kardon-citation-300-deal-zdnet-readers-get-350-off-the-google-assistant-speaker/?ftag=TRE834f6fe&bhid=&mid=12852285&cid=2180787277

Here is thre website I got it from: https://www.harmankardon.com/citation-series/CITATION+300.html?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=9041660&utm_content=13665146&utm_kxconfid=unr5xf4yk&cjevent=a09728f4a13e11ea831f01140a1c0e11

Caveat Emptor, go to YouTube like I did and see it in action. 100Watts! Stereo speakers in one box. I ordered the black. If you order it and do not like it shame on you for not doing some research first like I did. Bluetooth, Google assistant, high power and online?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire