Sightings

SuiteSuccess

Passed a Volvo pulling New Horizons on 56 outside Dodge City KS.  Also white Volvo in Deer Creek Valley RV Park in Topeka, KS. Anyone on this forum?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hutchinson next month. Just wandering around this area for couple of weeks. My dad was raised in Junction City/Herrington area so gonna explore there. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hey Rocky,

We’re spending a week at Deer Valley.  Any other nice places around to spend a week or two?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

As you leave your dad's old area, further west is Lake Scott State Park, just north of Scott City.  A little strange driving thru all the flat wheat fields and then suddenly dropping off into canyon with a spring fed lake.  Take your car off the truck, or just use the truck to go to Monument Rocks National Natural Landmark.  Interesting to see.  I believe someone posted on FB that they were just there.  I would take the car, easier to wash afterward!!!  Larry may be in the little store/fishing place at the end of the rv area, and he can give you instructions on how to get there.  Larry was the guy who was involved in the early years of the HTD Rally.  Nice guy.

I don't know Deer Park, UT, so you are on your own.

You always have Diamond RV Park up in Woodland Park, CO for a stop on your way up, or back from Deer Valley.  We are going to see Daniel on Wednesday.  We are staying in Rye, CO until next week.

That's about all the help I can be.  See you in hutch.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Haha. Rocky, we’re in Deer Creek Valley RV Park in Topeka KS. 😀

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Got it.  Well in that case if you are looking for another campground to stay at before Hutch, try Sunflower loop at Hillsdale Lake State Park, south of Olathe, KS.  Not sure of availability, since a lot of the other campground loops are closed, but this one is high and dry.  At least that is where I have a reservation starting the end of next week!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

10 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Got it.  Well in that case if you are looking for another campground to stay at before Hutch, try Sunflower loop at Hillsdale Lake State Park, south of Olathe, KS.  Not sure of availability, since a lot of the other campground loops are closed, but this one is high and dry.  At least that is where I have a reservation starting the end of next week!

Thanks 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

42 minutes ago, GregandLeaT said:

Hey Carl, glad you stopped by and to meet Donna and yourself ! Maybe see you again before we leave Friday for 30th annual Teton rally in OKC....

Nice to meet you also. Safe trip if we don’t meet up. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3