AC tripping generator

18 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The problem could be either something in the a/c unit or the choice of generator. Keep in mind that not all RV a/c units are the same capacity and they have different power requirements. I have a small travel trailer and operate our air conditioner with power from a standard, 15a house outlet often and have powered it from a 2000 watt inverter/generator. Without being there with a clamp-on ammeter to see what the a/c is actually drawing we can only guess at what may be the problem. It would help some to know more about your RV and the a/c that you have. Does your RV have a 50a or a 30a power cord? What is the BTU rating of your a/c and what make and model is it? 

Dear Kirk, many thanks for your nice replay. please note its 30a power cord and i am agree with you as each RV a/c aren't in a same range!

• 3 years later...

Have you considered checking for any electrical issues with your AC unit? It's possible that the AC's compressor is drawing too much power, causing the generator to trip. I came across this article here:https://americanhomewater.com/9-reasons-your-ac-tripping-the-circuit-breaker/, which provides some helpful tips for troubleshooting AC circuit breaker trips. It might help you in your situation. Good luck!

On 7/23/2019 at 9:53 PM, SCClockDr said:

As others have stated above it appears your compressor is getting hard to start. Some have suggested to swap out the start capacitor if present.

Might I suggest an alternate approach. Hutch Mountain Run AC with 1 Generator - Micro-Air Easy Start 364 This is a Magic box that once installed will learn your compressor electrical characteristics over 5 shorepower starts and then will run on 1 Honda EU2200i in ECO mode. If there should develop an additional load, toaster, hair drier, microwave, etc. this gizmo will interrupt the AC till conditions improve. Generator and EMS if present will not trip & dump the trailer.

I just installed 2 Honda EU2200i Generators to replace a 12YO EU3000i (failed inverter) and found I needed both generators paralleled and @ full throttle to start the AC compressor or the EMS would open the contactors on low voltage. I installed the Micro-Air unit and I can now start & run the AC on a single EU2200i with the fridge on AC & PD converter in trickle mode with a few amps to spare.

This is not a cheap solution but if your compressor is indeed on its last leg it will buy you time to save & plan a replacement & just move the Micro-Air to the new AC unit.

I'm just a very satisfied customer with no other connection to the Micro-Air or Hutch Mountain organization.

41WHXpz-1+L.jpg

There is actually no need to spend $300+ for one of those, when a $20 hard start will work.https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/blog/soft-hard-or-easy-where-does-one-possibly-start?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961