Wyoming State Park Pass

SWharton

We are going to spend a month in Montana and a month in Wyoming. I am trying to understand the Wyoming State Park Pass. If I buy a pass does that eliminate the daily entrance fee and the camping fee? The website doesn't really explain what applies to the Pass.

Anyone have experience with the Wyoming system?

Thanks

No experience with WY but most state parks charge an entrance fee They will sell you a daily or an annual pass. The pass waives the entrance fee but usually you still have to pay the camping fee. Not sure about WY. Most National Parks also have an entrance fee. If you buy an annual pass you usually get half off the camping fee. National Parks also have a Lifetime Pass, I think only for seniors but not sure. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I live in colorado, & visit Wyoming (Glendo State Park) every year.  So I am out of state, and it is confusing I agree.  I don't remember the exact prices from last year, but can explain the system to you, I think!!    If you are going to be in Wyoming for a month, you will save $$$ by purchasing the annual pass.  I believe it is $50, something like that.  This $50 annual pass gets you into the park for the day, but it does not include any camping fee.  A camping fee is xtra, or on top of the entry fee.  The camping fee is something like $8 per night.  Then if you wanted electricity, this is also xtra,  and electricity is $6 per night.  So with regards to the annual permit, your break even is 7 nights...something like that.  I think you can stay 14 nights per reservation, if you reserve the spot in advance.  You might have to leave & go to another park possibly then...not really sure on that.  The annual non-resident pass is vehicle specific....you stick it on your windshield.   Shout back if I confused you!!   Wyoming is beautiful in the summer...as you know......dan

Thank Danny, that is the info I am looking for. Based on the website the price has gone up but seems to us to be worth it to buy. I need to do a lot more planning to make the final determination as to the pass. Needed something to start with though. I think the prices have gone up to $70 for the pass but still seems to be worth it.

Archived