A good feel when you fix something

Wrknrvr

In response to Kirks post on feeling good when you fix something . Yes it does feel good to be able to fix things.

Just when things take time from not having a part easily available it can get frustrating. But it still feel good. The customer may shake his head.

Anyway yesterday I had a service call to West Glacier Montana for a slide that would not retract. On the way in am thinking I bet it is a scwinteck system. Get there and yep it is a schinteck system.

Customer stated the RV is 4 months old. He called tech support and the system would not reset nor would any lights show on the controller.

So get volt meter out and spot flash light on writing to test things. No power.

Hey look at that wire. It looks out of place. 12 vdc positive wire is at an angle. Plug wire in and make sure all eclectrical connections look good.

Have customer try the slide and it works.

Yep there is a bunch of stuff on the ground laying around. I said did that stuff come out of that compartment. Yes it did he said. I said there should be a guard built over the controller. He agreed and sai he would be carefull on this trip and build a gaurd when he gets home.

That one was simple and the customer did pay for his lessen.

Now this am i am going back to West Glacier Montana again for a Auqua hot system. Yep customer never rrealized it needed a yearly service. The unit is a few years old.

I do hope that is an easy fix.

Safe Travels,    Vern

Fun read Vern. Yeppers it feels good to fix something, we've all been there done that. I've owned RV's 47 continuous years and was a used dealer and performed most all repairs myself, but so often getting access to the darn problem is harder then repairing it grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Murphys Law...........The combination of age and experience makes me perform routine maintenance above n beyond the call of duty as Id rather deal with a problem now then in the boondocks out in Nevada or elsewhere. I also carry selected spare parts n tools and never leave home without emergency road service, tires checked and properly aired, but despite all precautions n best intentions, things happen. I recall when a darn old Class A powered by a 460 Ford w/ mechanical fuel pump VAPOR LOCKED ON THE OHIO RIVER BRIDGE grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  

Take care Vern, nice chatting with you...

John T

Archived