Class B with driver leg room?

CynB

I'm trying to find a Class B RV with sufficient driver side leg room.  Also, I want to keep the length to around 20ft.  As far as configurations go, the Pleasure-Way EXCEL TS (2012 & 2013) and RoadTrek 190 Popular would work well for me, but I drove a Pleasure-Way and found that there wasn't enough leg room for me.  I'm 6ft tall and a lot of that is leg.  I haven't driven a RoadTrek, yet, but was wondering if anyone can provide some advice.  Thx.

Leg room or any space within a class B RV designated for a purpose is a challenge to designers. . My son is 6’ tall and even I at 5’3 feel space challenged while driving. We just finished a 3,000 mile trip in a Roadtrek Pop 190. Steering wheel adjustments, tilt seat, and cruise control provide comfort. Your call in the Roadtrek It is pretty close to driving a compact or subcompact car. Class B RVing is about necessity for both driving and while living in an Escapee Style. For every inch of space you consider, it must suit your need. In our case there is a wardrobe cabinet in which I can pack many things. Your space and your travels.... just remember when you want to go to town you park in a space just like a passenger car!  Time - space - dimension ! Happy Trails! 

Worry about RV size later. Legroom is based on the chassis manufacturer. A few models have left the market lately, as chassis builders have reorganized their offerings. Go to van dealers to see what vans you fit in. Then, find an RV manufacturer that builds on that chassis, then decide on floor plan.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

10 hours ago, CynB said:

Linda, which model?  I'm trying to find an RV that's about 20' long.  Thx.

We started with a Leisure Travel but while there was enough leg room in the driver seat there wasn't enough head room in the cabin. When Dave would walk under the air conditioner his hair would move.

Our second Sprinter was a Winnebago View which is a class C. Lots more headroom in that one and it was 24' long.

Our last Sprinter was my custom conversion. I used it for snowbirding when Dave decided he was OK with spending winters in Minnesota again. It was also 24' long with the high top. Dave basically drove it to and from getting fuel at the ends of my trips.

RoadTrek and others make Class Bs on the Sprinter base but they have some pretty small tanks which is why I went with a custom build. That's an expensive way to go, though, unless you can buy a used one that fits for you. Sportsmobile.com is a good place to look for used ones.

Enjoy your search.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 months later...

Maybe... the Class B I like (Travato) has the best lithium system out there that I could find, but still leg room isn't what I'd like.  It may be doable.  The Revel, which is on a sprinter chassis has good leg room, but I don't particularly want diesel and would like to use lithium system for running air cond, not a noisy generator.

Archived