Hello everybody!

jlc1988

Hello all. We're new to RVing. We're so new we haven't took her out on her maiden voyage. We got a 1995 Southwind Storm 31H. Mileage wasn't high (40k) and the interior looked good and we got a good deal on her. Our first long trip with her is going to be Sturgs, SD for the rally up there. However, we will be taking some mini excursions to get used to her. We will be posting up questions as they arise.

Thanks for letting us in! 😀

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are here to help so feel free to ask as many questions as you wish and to join into any conversation or forum. 

If you plan to stay in an RV park in or near to Sturgis for the bike rally, you need to be getting reservations very soon as there is nothing available during the event once the time is close. In the summer of 2014 we were campground hosts about 100 miles to the south of Sturgis and even there we had a lot of traffic for the rally. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome and congrats on you new rig and the new lifestyle.  I agree about reservations for the rally. If  you do not already have reservations it may be too late to get a site for this year.  Enjoy the adventure.

momdoc

1 hour ago, rm.w/aview said:

Hello & Welcome, nice choice on the MH. I'd like to see this exterior paint style renewed on the current MH vs the loud & swirly, but that's just me. 

I hear ya. New paint styles are a bit too loud for my taste. What I find amusing is the names on some these rigs that the factories give them. Venom, Vengeance, Nitro, and the like. My current hypothesis to the naming is the effect they may have on one's bank account. 🤣

23 minutes ago, jlc1988 said:

I hear ya. New paint styles are a bit too loud for my taste. What I find amusing is the names on some these rigs that the factories give them. Venom, Vengeance, Nitro, and the like. My current hypothesis to the naming is the effect they may have on one's bank account. 🤣

IIRC, those 3 models are toy haulers.  I think manufacturers want their toy haulers to have aggressive names to fit what they believe will attract toy hauler owners.

6 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

IIRC, those 3 models are toy haulers.  I think manufacturers want their toy haulers to have aggressive names to fit what they believe will attract toy hauler owners.

Ours was named Storm from the factory. It has a cute graphic of a happy coach on it. Much rather have that than an aggressive name.

Archived