Where to park extra car at ABQ balloon fiesta

My DH and I are staying with the boomers at the ABQ balloon fiesta. We have paid our fees and will be driving our truck with our fifth wheel. I always follow him in our car. Two questions, anyone else travel this way, we are wondering if our car can be with us in camping area( since we already have the truck).  If I understand correctly, we can pay extra and have our car.

But, my main concern and question is, my daughter is going to come stay with us several  days. Driving in from Indiana, so she will also have a car. Trying to figure out what options I might have for where to keep her car. 

Any suggestions?

F2T,

We volunteered at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta last year working in the south RV parking lot. We also attended as tourists the year before that.

Parking is difficult if you have more than one vehicle. The spaces are 20x50 EXACTLY. When you enter you are told that everything must fit within this space. They will happily sell you additional parking passes but your vehicles have to fit within the space that you are given.

The area where the Boomers used to park was a bit more forgiving but from what I have heard they are moving away from the box and into regular spots. Again, these are ALL the same size.

There is some space on the perimeter of the field which people used last year but the fire marshals were not really happy about it. 

If you have a smaller rv with no slides it might be possible to park a 5th wheel and truck and car but if you have any slides and some length it is very tight. Use the 20x50 as a template and see if you can squeeze it but keep in mind that you'll have a rig on either side of you as well. Fire lanes are 25' and no part of your vehicle can extend over your space and into the lane. The fire marshals will make you move to fit inside your space.

Hope this helps.

I'd suggest you call the Festival office or contact the Boomer group leader who is organizing this.  When we went with the Boomers there seemed to be plenty of room for extra cars but I don't recall anyone having extra.  The Boomers park in the dry camping area south of the festival grounds.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived