Sat lined up, but Hopper tuners not all working.

First time I setup my Dish 1000.2 with ea LNB yesterday.  Used the Super Buddy and have good signal strength.  Did a "test" of the installation and it is good.  But, not all of the tuners are operating, even though they all show with the check mark.  Did I miss a step?  Is there something on the Hopper I need to do?  Reset/Restart?

23 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

What is your definition of "tuner not operating"

Currently we are in western Ga near the AL border.  Our tuner is still on central Fla locals, so maybe THAT is the problem.  Or maybe it is something else.

When I change to one of those "local" channels, I get a screen that says "Complete Signal Loss" and then a LOT of text below it.  Next pops up a screen that says "Acquiring Signal".  And in the text box it says "this should take no more than 5 minutes".  But there is no progress indicator appearing on the screen.  

On the tv connected to the joey, it shows only 4 tuners, not 16.  Same thing when changing to one of the central Fla locals..."Complete Signal Loss" and then a LOT of text below it.  Next pops up a screen that says "Acquiring Signal".  And in the text box it says "this should take no more than 5 minutes".  But there is no progress indicator appearing on the screen.  

You have to change your Service Address when you move out of the spot beam. 

The indication you are out of the spot beam?  No  Locals.

You might be able to move 200 miles and still be in a spot beam. 

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

It's not a case where you need all 16 tuners to receive all  your channels.  One tuner can receive all the channels on it's own.

If you are only watching TV, then you are just going to be using one tuner.  If the Joey TV is also being used to watch TV on a different channel, then you are using two tuners total.  The other 14 tuners are to be used for recording other channels at the same time you are watching those two channels.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived