Cruise Control Hiccup

SuiteSuccess

Returning from our VA trip today had 500 miles to cover since weather was going to be iffy.  Truck ran fine first part of trip and cruised normally at 62 mph my normal speed.  Stopped at first rest stop.  Took off again and could not get cruise to engage even after turning "on/off" and lifting brake pedal with toe thinking switch might be depressed.  Even full braked once with no resolution.  Made our second pit stop, took off and cruise worked perfectly again.  Any thoughts?  BTW normally I hear five or six "clicks" when I turn on the key before starting the truck.  After first stop when I started truck only heard a couple but truck started anyway.  Could it be the computer just didn't completely reset?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

The clicking you hear before starting the truck is the ABS sensors.  You are still tandem, you should hear six clicks.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Thanks Rick.  Found a possible cause on a truckers forum.  Apparently 2006-2007, some Volvos had a safety feature where cruise would not engage if the computer had not "sensed" the brakes at startup.  Solution is simply to fully apply brakes couple of times after startup and releasing parking brake.  My pattern has been to depress the service brakes and hold in place as park brake released.  I did have this hiccup happen once before 3-4 years ago but not since.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived