search

Until the other day, I haven't been on the site for awhile, and my question was answered satisfactorily, but, is there no longer a search phase on this site. I am looking for info on a scan tool that our members have used and would recommend, also to those who have them, have they been useful to you? Bruce

Sue & Bruce

Annie, The springer

2006 Allegro Bus, 42'QDP

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, toad

In going to the search engine, maybe I should be more specific, I am looking for a scan tool for our vehicles, one that will tell me what codes are displaying. 

Sue & Bruce

Annie, The springer

2006 Allegro Bus, 42'QDP

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, toad

I have a bluetooth ODB2 scanner from Amazon that connected to my phone using the Torque App.  There is another app too that others have recommended but I don't remember the name.  I would make sure to choose one of the scanners with good reviews, some of the really cheap bluetooth clones don't work well from what I hear.  It worked well as a set of digital gauges (telling me things the dashboard didn't such as actual coolant temp), and also reading and clearing codes.  I would take the code number and search for it on the internet along with my vehicle info and invariably would get my answer along with how to's on how to fix the problem.  

This past year I ended up investing in a Edge Insight CTS2 and I'm glad I did.  As digital gauges, the bluetooth scanner worked OK, but didn't give me some special values that the Edge has programmed already, such as EGT pre and post DPF, distance since last regen, regen status, soot level, etc.  I also had a separate EGT probe installed in the header for the most accurate readings that hooked up directly to the CTS2.  The device also reads and clears codes, reads injector balance rates and can set the tranny into relearn mode if needed.  If you have a desire to know all these things, look at the Edge, it is a great tool that I wish I had from the beginning of owning the truck.

Archived