Volvo Rear Speakers Above Bunk

Cotreker

My speakers above the rear bunk do not work.  Stereo is stock and I have done the fader adjustments and read the book.  Truthfully I have not pulled the covers to see if speakers are really there.  If others have this issue please let me know as to how and make them work, it would be nice to have sound coming from the rear.  Truck has 4 up front.

Stock 2006 Volvo Stereo, 670 with the 6-disk changer, no amp that I have found yet?

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Look in compartment above passenger for amp. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

100% sure no Amp in that compartment nor any others.  I do have speakers behind the covers in the rear bunk.  At some point I do need to replace the stereo, I am sure many of you music lovers have also done the same.  I really miss not having blue tooth and the ability to have other inputs, like aux.

One would think the rear speakers would function??  Any ideas.  Just updated my post picture need to fix it.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

Check with your local stereo shop. I wanted to keep the factory AM\FM\cassette\single CD\weather with the add-on 6 CD changer. The factory has 8 speakers, subwoofer, steering controls and a remote control for when you are in the sleeper. So I added a usb to my factory stereo. Don't ask me how because in reality, they did it. I can use a flash drive or my ipod. That was a whole lot cheaper than buying another radio that was comparable. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I pulled the speakers today and all of a sudden one of the speakers came on for a split second.  They ended up both being blown.  Someone really enjoyed loud music, those small speakers just could not take the power.

Now new speakers, amp and 2 dim stereo w/ blue tooth.  All in all I had a good day.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

Glad you found your problem and it does not appear to be to expensive or difficult to fix.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived