Replacing front window in class C bed overhang

I'm needing to repair, or replace, the front overhang window in my 2009 class C Four Winds 25' Chateau Sport, but am unable to find any videos or instructions on what I'm up against. 

I'm reluctant to take it to a repair shop because of the cost.  It looks simple, and I've been told it is simple, to unscrew and remove the inside frame and then push out the window.  The problem is, what will I find around the opening, as there has been water damage. What will be potential problems with resetting and leveling the window so I don't have future leaks, which I've read can sometimes be problematic. 

My question is, has anyone done it themself?  Is there a video of it being done in a late model class C?  Does anyone have pictures of what the framing looks like around the window?  How do I reset the window if the wood needs replacing?  etc..?

ALSO, has anyone ever taken the front window out and covered the opening?

Any suggestions and comments would be helpful, as I'm not yet fully committed to doing it myself.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Sorry no specific answer to your most relevant question, ever consider completely covering over and sealing and doing away with that troublesome window all together??????

The reason I ask is as a past dealer and owner of a ton of Class C's is MANY MANY OF THOSE FRONT OVERHANG CLASS C WINDOWS (before I acquired them and re sealed) LEAKED GRRRRRRRRRRRR. That's why I on purpose recently bought one that had no troublesome leaky front or even side windows in the overhang at all BUT THE KIDS AND GRANDKIDS MISS THEM

If you do it yourself Id invest in plenty of Dicor sealant (normal and their less flow faster dry product) sealing tape and other measures to insure she never leaks again.

It may look a but "redneck" but on a couple Class C's I've owend, I installed front shocks/struts/supports on each front lower corner of the overhang down to the cab to brace and stiffen them up. If you look at the long overhang and imagine travelling bumpy roads, that has to create vibration and stress on those sidewalls and supports and cause cracks or leaks grrrrrrrrrrr   

I'm sure the more structural minded gents can offer advise on window replacement, I after years of leaks just decided to do away with them all together even though grandkids loved them....

John T Back "home again in Indiana"

It is a great idea.  When you think about it, most people use that area for storage or entertainment devices, and rearely sleeping.  Even if they do use it foe sleeping, how many open the curtains to look outside? 

As I think about it, I keep coming up with how would happen it effect a resale?  I will continue to gather more info and do my research, and not do anything at the moment.  In fact I'm going to start another thread asking if anyone has done this to there class C. 

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Archived