Atwood furnace problem

Trucken

Need experienced help with an ATWOOD heater.. I am experiencing lockout, and believe the problem is the flame sensor..

Question,, is the flame sensor accessible from the outside where the

Exhaust vent is or do I need to pull the cabinet apart..

Thanks for any help.

Trucker

Atwood furnaces that I am familiar with have an outside access panel, very similar to what a water heater has and you replace the probe via that panel. Very few repairs to an Atwood that require removal from the RV. If you go to the Bryant RV Service website you can get a copy of the service manual.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk...link you provided gives a good description of wiring of the unit..

However no info concerning how to disassemble.

You tube had a video on how to disassemble the unit, from there was a pice of cake, Atwood furnace is mostly repaired from the outside.

Thanks for the help.

It depends on the particular model, but recently I replaced the blower fan in an Atwood furnace which I was able to accomplish ALL FROM THE OUTSIDE NOT HAVING TO REMOVE THE UNIT but its not for the timid or inexperienced lol. In over 40 years of occasional RV repair it was my experience Atwood are easier for average Joe non RV tech person to service versus Suburban. More recent I had to service the ignitor in a Suburban furnace which DID REQUIRE removal out the side, however it wasn't really that difficult. Often the "Troubleshooting" tips contained in Service (NOT just Owners) Manuals are decent in helping to pin down the cause of a fault and as posted You Tube has several helpful videos.

John T Coming to you liver from Sunset RV in Bee Cave Texas

Archived