Dometic Refrigerator Check Light

jhegdal

First, I want to be sure that I identify my refrig properly. It seems the Dometic has not assigned a model. It might be NDR1292, Maybe New Dimensions. In any case it is an ammonia absorption system operating on both LP and 120 VAC.

Recently, I have been in colder climates where the temperature at night dips below 40 degrees F. The check light goes on and I am unable to resolve that by turning off and on the system. I have tried both the LAC (Low ambient condition) and CLC (Climate control) buttons but neither resolves the check light issue. Strangely, however, the temperature in the refrigerator section is maintained during the night (well within the green section on my thermometer). In the morning with an increase in temperature, I can restart the refrigerator and the check light goes out. So, there appears to be no health problems.

My question is this: Is this normal? Or, should have it checked out by an RV technician (My experience with these so-called experts has been dubious at times). Thanks in advance.

John

First of all, let me welcome you to the Escapee forums. We enjoy helping our RV neighbors so feel free to join in at any time.

My question is this: Is this normal? Or, should have it checked out by an RV technician (My experience with these so-called experts has been dubious at times).

No, the check light is not a normal thing and if you are not comfortable trouble shooting, I suggest getting one of the mobile RV techs in your area to check it out for you. If you do not have one, you can get a manual for your refrigerator at the Dometic website. If you wish to do some trouble shooting, you can probably find a service manual at the site of Bryant RV Service. If you look inside of the chill box area or inside of the rear access panel you should find a data plate that will have the actual model listed as well as the serial number.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The check light is for the LP part only,it's telling you the burner didn't ignite. If it works when it warms up check to make sure you have enough propane first. It should work normally on electric even if the propane fails.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Archived