RV Renovations, Temecula

Jim Corey

I have no info on RV Renovations. I have had work competed to my satisfaction with Temecula Valley RV. (Solar System, New Magnum MS2812 and related components, new TV Cabinet built along with very custom install of 14" HiFi speakers into the ceiling, swapped out Norcold 1200 for Samsung, Buskote on roof top, minor body bruise repaired and repainted, normal generator and hydro hot maintenance, replaced dead alternator with upgraded unit, Winegard Trailer, Auto RAZR OTA and Sensar Crank up OTA antenna installs, and other things too.)

About four years into this relationship, and I drive an hour from San Diego for this service. Do things sometimes happen? Sure, and that is where having good relations with the staff and Erik the owner kick in. Mutual trust and respect, as we work thru any issues that can come up. (Nothing ever major, and all fairly resolved for us both. Real win/win.)

They do get slammed schedule wise form time to time. Sometimes that is as much the fault of an owner, adding more things into the mix while it's in the shop. Sometimes that's because one looks to be a two day job, ends up being more intensive once things are dug into. So I always have an agreement of when I need the coach back by, and try to allow time in my schedule away from the coach to allow for contingency. If things get tight on the schedule, twice they have, we scale back to get the coach back to meet our travel needs. And then roll the missed items into the next visit. (These are minor things, and it has not taken away from my satisfaction of working with TVRV.

Cost? Well yes the Southern California area and California regulations, result in higher shop rates then some areas of the country. TVRV is less then some, and more then others, but fair for the region.

I think like all businesses. They have some fans, and they have others that now prefer to go elsewhere. And that's OK. I will share that I went to visit the shop to go over some details on the HiFi Speaker installs. I overheard a customer complaining about their unit still not being done, now after three days. Another customer asked him a few questions, to which he answered: "No, we did not have an appointment. We drove in on our way to Indio. And that maybe is why it's taken so long, as the wrong part came in and they had to reorder it. And they did work overtime when it came in." To which the other customer said: "So you're complaining? No appointment. A wrong part comes in, that happens, and they work overtime to get you done?" He then shook his head, told the guy who was complaining to have a good day, and then walked away... I share this last story, as when I read reviews where people are complaining about any company, I realize that sometimes you just can't fix stupid... How many bad reviews, are really there result of an unrealistic expectation from a customer?

Best, and please let us know how your visit to RV Renovations works out.

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived