Hydraulic jacks level then one comes up an inch

SWharton

We started having a problem with our hydraulic jacks(Lippert) a few weeks ago. We normally use Auto for leveling and it has worked fine. One day the Auto refused to work(we were too far out of level for the Auto) so I did a manual and we were close enough to level but heard a strange loud pop. Everything looked fine at this point. The next night we did an auto level and everything appeared fine from the control panel. I went outside and the one leg was raised an inch. Redid the leveling watching that leg. After leveling the leg goes up the inch. We happened to be at Winnebago taking a tour and they calibrated the hydraulic leveling system. Worked fine for a few weeks and now the same problem is happening. Hydraulic fluid is fine.

Tonight I will calibrate the system again but was wondering if something else is wrong or is this a common problem.

I will contact Lippert if necessary but prefer a home grown solution.

Thanks.

Hydraulic fluid is fine. I don't know how to check for air in the line. I have emailed Lippert and hopefully they will get back to me sometime soon. We are in winter quarters now and will work on the problem with a bit more seriousness. Have the time now.

Ron, maybe that is the problem. I'll look on the internet to see if I can find some diagnostic procedures to work on while waiting for them.

Thanks all.

I don't have any experience working on Lippert jacks but had the same thought as Ron. I have worked with a few other systems and if each leg has it's own valve, that would be my first suspicion. Are the jacks powered both directions, or just power up and spring retract?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I suggest CALLING Lippert - was connected directly to a "diagnostic expert". They will need to identify your exact system configuration (year, make & model of rig). There is an adjustment on each valve, too, that they had me change as a part of the diagnostic process.

Air .... tech said that retracting all rams (at the same time)would expel any air ftom the system.

Ron

Archived