RV'ers

Hello one and all!

So very happy and excited to be here, thank you for the site.

So a long story short is this:(ok not so short)

Married for 25 years,2 grown sons,business owners. We started camping together 30 years ago in a tent,so fast forward to today....

We landed a nice job and my wife said"We should get a motorhome" and I said perhaps that is the way to go for some quality alone time in nature to enjoy each other again.Almost like we started dating all over again and this was the shot in the arm needed to re stoke the flames of love and get the fire going!

Started looking locally and found a 1990 27' A class Coachmen on a P30 chassis 47k miles 454 3 speed. He was asking best offer so i put $900.00 on the table being as the roof needed completely rebuilt/replaced.

SOLD :) so all summer long I refurbished the whole inside, top to bottom thank goodness we had great weather for that. New carpeting with padding, new interior 2 tone paint job, new laminate flooring in the bathroom, new epoxy coatings on the shower,sink,kitchen counter top,table,bedside tables. new toilet ,blinds,painted the appliances,seats new bead board ceiling insulated roof with 1/4 AC plywood, new vents new GPS head unit etc. Lot of general maintenance done to the truck end of things as well. I and very handy( flip homes for fun and a living) and did all the work myself with my wife's help of course :).

We took it out in September for a 200 mile run and it ran great, everything worked fine, it does not have a generator but we get by just fine without one.we spent 3 days boondocking and it was fun as hell! Just the total silence alone is priceless, and combine that with beautiful mountainous terrain and you got yourself a win/win/win etc.

So the second trip was a week ago to the Adirondacks 4 days total 1000 mile round trip(cost us $.40/mile) and again it was well worth the work/time/cash it took to get to see our great country, all in a bit of class and conveniences of home. Perfect weather and the leaves were almost peaking.

Now we both agree that this is not "real camping in a tent" but we also agree that those days just may behind us and we are fine with heat,running water,ref,working indoor plumbing :)

That's my story and I am sticking to it !

See you all on the road or in the woods.

CHEERS

RV'ers

post-56130-0-04758700-1477263894_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Many of us here also did the tent type camping first, then migrated to our modern RVs. We took several steps in between, with small tent, large tent, small used popup, larger new popup, travel trailer, smaller used motorhome, much larger new motorhome (lived in it 12 years) and are now back down to a small travel trailer. It is a great way to see the country and to do so in comfort. I hope that you enjoy your newfound lifestyle and join in these forums often!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived