Fogged window repair

lenp

On our first trip south (Louisiana) with our current coach in 2013 we discovered we had three dual pane windows that fogged up in the high humidity climate. We just "dealt" with the issue but last winter they were much worse so decided to get them fixed before another trip. Wouldn't have been so bad if the bad windows had been in the living area. One was the entry door and another was the drivers side "fixed" window you look at the rear view mirror through. Not a good visibility situation.

Earlier this week I talked with a glass repair shop in Bend, Oregon regarding a windshield leak I have and made an appointment for them to look at it today. They did not do dual pane repairs but had a contact that did - West Coast RV Glass Repair (http://www.westcoastrvglassrepair.com/ phone (541) 306-8803). I contacted West Coast and they met me at the glass shop with their mobile repair trailer and repaired all three of the leaking windows PLUS three others that were in the same frames. Took about four hours total. Cost for each window (six total) was $140 each ($850 for the whole lot). Five year warranty.

Only time will tell how good the job is/was but I now have nice clean and clear windows. These guys (two brothers) travel all over the west coast and Arizona fixing dual pane windows. Might be worth a call if you have a fogged up window. If I have problems in the future I will re-post here.

Have to wait for a replacement windshield to get the leak fixed - tech was afraid of breaking the existing one taking it out to repair the surrounding area he suspects is rusted pretty bad.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

We had two windows starting to fog in our 98 Cruise Master at the time that we sold it. At that time (2012) there were not many places that would repair them but most wanted to replace the bad windows, at a much greater cost. We know some folks who had that same service from RV Fog Pros in the D/FW area several years ago and thus far have been happy. Return with an update if they should fail, and in a year or so if they stay clear. It is far less costly than replacement and isn't all that well known.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

While these guys don't mention RVs, they have DIY kits that look pretty generic. Certainly looks like a marketable idea for RVs, too. http://jacksonville.windowrepaircleaning.com/foggy-window-repair-kit/

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

A few of the Hehr dual pane windows on our 08 Cameo began to fog. All I did was to drill four holes thru the rubber seal between the two panes. After a couple of weeks the worst of them dried out. There is no inert gas in these windows and they still serve to diminish noise and prevent condensation on the inside panes which is what I was after when I ordered them to begin with. With the introduced air circulation they no longer fog and after five years I have not been tempted to replace them, even if it was significantly cheaper than what others have paid.

Archived