Found a good Duramax shop in CA

dartmouth01

I thought there was a sub forum where we put shops/vendors that were "good guys" but I cant seem to find it. Point me in that direction and I'll move my post. I have a Chevy 2007 2500HD LMM that is my TV, and has been super reliable up to this point (150k). All minor work that needed to be done I've been able to do myself. But since we are returning to full timing after a couple year hiatus, I wanted experts to go over it with a fine tooth comb and do whatever is needed to make sure we have no problems once underway. I found a shop in Placerville CA called the Dmax Store that specializes is not only diesels, but diesels of my particular make and model. How rare is that? I visited the shop (150 mile drive) to check it out, and found a super clean and professional space, more of a performance store than a monkey wrench shpp. After a thorough inspection, they didnt find anything that needed repair, which is amazing considering the mileage under load. Just a couple spots to keep an eye on. So i put the budget i had reserved towards preventative maintenance and upgrades to boost mileage/braking power and feel. I gave my to-do list, and after combining it with their extensive experience, we decided to do the waterpump/tstat, changed the coolant and some hoses, cleaned the full stack (radiators) while it was removed, changed the fuel filter housing, changed diff and transfer case fluids, brake flush and added SS brake lines, an S&B intake, and EGT probe to the manifold. Cost $2700 including parts labor and tax, which I felt was very fair. So in short, if you own a Duramax and live or will drive by Placerville, consider getting work done there. But call ahead first, they were booked a month out when I called to make my appt. As good a testament to the shop as any I suppose.

Archived