Looking For Temporary Places To Stay While On The Road

ylisa7

Hi all. I am new to this site but not new to rving. My husband and I are planning a longer road trip this year and will be leaving the mountains of east TN in a couple of weeks. We will be traveling down to Chattanooga, into GA, AL, MS, LA, TX and then back on 10 to Florida.

I joined Boondockers welcome but I am wondering if any of you know of or could put up a class B rv for the night or 2? Would pay for any electric or water usage.

Thanks

Lisa

I am sure there are lots of campgrounds along the route that would be glad to acomodate you

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

There are many places to stop along the way which are free, like Walmart or Lowe's parking lots or small town public parks. Of course those will not usually have water and electricity. If you are a member of Escapees, look into their listing of "stoppin spots" which are members who will allow another member to stop for a night along the way. You could also consider joining Passport America and take advantage of their half price RV parks.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

There are many places to stop along the way which are free, like Walmart or Lowe's parking lots or small town public parks. Of course those will not usually have water and electricity. If you are a member of Escapees, look into their listing of "stoppin spots" which are members who will allow another member to stop for a night along the way. You could also consider joining Passport America and take advantage of their half price RV parks.

Thanks…we are members of Passport America, Good Sam and Boondockers Welcome. I am going to sign up for Escapees later today.

I am going to sign up for Escapees later today.

In that case, once you're a member, pay the nominal fee to get the Day's End Directory, a listing of free and inexpensive places to stay. Most of them are boondocking/dry camping, but a few will have at least some hookups.

http://www.daysenddirectory.com

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived