LBCO values, Plus virtues of Power Interrupt Alert

Smitty77_7

We're visiting an Elk's in the Pacific Northwest. Have the full 8 sites available to ourselves, as it is off season here now. They had a kiosk place to sign in, pay, and stick the envelope in the mail slot that I used when we the other day. We went about our business of exploring the local area. And returned to a pleasant evening.

Woke up in the AM to a 'set time' on the microwave flashing. Well, power interruption, OK. But usually our 800AH battery bank and MS2812 Inverter would carry us through an outage with no problem...

Went to check SOC, we were at 66%. So, the outage was long enough, to the battery bank to the LBCO cut off, set to 10.2V.

Looking at a DVR recording that had started up at just about mid point, at 5:31AM, that is when I think power came back on. (My wife and I both remember hearing the 'thunk' of the ATS. But at the time I thought it was our dog, that is known to make some noises overnight, so figure it was just her being her!)

With SOC being at 66% when I checked it at about 6:50AM, this means the charge had been pushing pretty high AH's into the X's 4 L16 Lifelines for about 1hr 20mins or so. (Low 50's, and Temp Sensor adjustment with he Magnum Lifeline Charge system, should have had lots of AH's flowing in the first hour of charging.) So I'd SWAG the SOC had gone down to between 50-55% SOC, before the LBCO did it's thing. (On another forum, some good points about why Magnum does not allow an option to use SOC settings vs voltage for LBCO?)

We had the portable heater on, set to low setting of 750W. I also had the Hydro Hot electric single element on, which I believe runs at either 1450 or 1650W. Plus we normally will consume overnight about 200AH via normal consumption of TV, residential fridge, etc.

Talked to an Elk's member later in the day. And gee, it was a 'planned' outage. From 12:00 - 6:00AM, but he said they got it back on a bit early. For the full area, not just the Elk's. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THEY HAD POSTED THE PLANNED OUTAGE at the RV Self Check In... (No one was here when we came in, or supposed they would have said something to us.)

So what? Who cares if Smitty drained his battery and tested his LBCO levels? Well, it reminded me that I had kept on planning to get a Power Interrupt Alert for the coach. Procrastinated on this for about 4 years now. So ordered a unit of Amazon yesterday, and will have it at home when we return at the end of October.

So the virtues of having a Power Interrupt Alert, is the point of this post:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

So, what did you order......????

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

https://www.amazon.com/Powerout-Power-Failure-Alarm-Safety/dp/B00IA9BF70

The above unit. Which I had in my 'To Buy' email folder.

And if I remember correctly, it was either recommended by you, or maybe Stanley(?)... Quite awhile back. (I'd have a chestful of Gold Medals, if Procrastination was an Olympic sport!!!)...

Best,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived