Our first ...."episode"

spindrift

At least in this RV. Without going into the gory details, I'm looking for recommendations for a good odor absorber. Not interested in an air freshener. I rented a Rug Doctor and used some Nature's Miracle but we still have a bit of a funky odor. I've heard of using fresh, ground coffee.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

rent an ozone generator, run it for a couple of days, odor gone.

Jim

Ozone generators are what a lot of apartment managers use to remove pet/cigarette odors from apartments they want to rent to new occupants.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

You really want to be elsewhere, and any pets too, when running a heavy duty ozone generator. Burning eyes and tender lungs are no fun! That said there is little better for dealing with an overall funky smell that a couple days of a high level of ozone.

You might find that hiring a service to do the ozone treatment is not a bad deal, check for a disaster (fire, smoke, water leak type) clean-up service near you.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the above. When we bought our first motorhome I bought a heavy duty ozone generator and it is cured all the problems that we had. Actually my local RV repair shop rents mine from me on occasions when they have a odor problem and a customer's RV. Little pricey but well worth the effort and certainly worth it if you can find one to rent.

Archived