Smart Car

Bob Cochran

I know been awhile since I posted but I have been watching just no useful input to contribute.

Anyway the other day lifted the window hatch and let go. Dang thing came down so hard would have broken or lost fingers if hand not gotten them out of the way. So I need to replace the struts, springs or shock what ever you choose to call them. Took off one ok other flat not working at all. I figure one bad the other soon to follow replace both.

Got an OEM part cost I think was $67 each!!!!! What can you expect from Mercedes I guess. I got two for just under $18 each(way better did not try for cheaper lazy) from Car Parts Discount(carpartsdiscount.com). Possible source should you need some and maybe NAPA or other local part supply have them I did not check. Someplace could be cheaper if you want to check around with free shipping. I paid $11 for shipping so that is a consideration. Still total cost of the two I got was less one of dealer OEM part and you know would have charged shipping too I never got that far with them.

Have great evening.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Howdy!

We have one of the new 2016 Smart Primes. It was time for a oil change after we left the Escadape. I started looking for a oil filter and know one carries the oil filter. I was told I had to go to the dealership. I located a dealership in NY state and they did not even have a oil filter on hand had to order some for the new 2016 Smart Cars. Dealer price on the oil filter was $21.00. Hopefully someone will be stocking them by the time I need a the next oil change.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

It seems most parts from the dealer are platinum plated or something. Certainly worth a little effort to find alternative sources.

Thanks SIBERNUT will check WIX i have never to date had a problem with their filters.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Wait until you have to replace the rear window, only available through dealer, for my 2013 smart, it cost $512 replaced. Because

of ins deductible of $500, it was out of pocket.

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Archived