Sliding Mirrored Wardrobe Door Catch-Replacement?

mysticmd

These plastic door catches for the sliding mirrored wardrobe doors - snap easily. The reviews for the replacements say the same thing - Snap! Broken in 1-3 trips. Has anyone found a durable replacement product (what and where, pls), or are you using a bar in the track, or found some other device? Thank you. Mary

I can't find the history of my purchase but I did find a black plastic catch that worked a lot better.

I went searching and I believe this is the latch, Amazon

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Thank you both for your quick replies.... I'll look at the tweety's.com Think I found it; says two to a card, aluminum and plastic for $13.88 and .... gotta love the shipping: $8! If they are durable, there will be no complaints from me! Thanks for the site info, cld be a bit cheaper than Amazon, too.

Thanks Mark/Dale for your verification of what it is on Amazon. This all helps. - Mary

We have had one or two break in 9+ years. The only time we slide a door into the plastic latch is when we travel, otherwise we slide the mirrored doors to the opposite side while we are stationary. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Greg: ( We have had one or two break in 9+ years. The only time we slide a door into the plastic latch is when we travel, otherwise we slide the mirrored doors to the opposite side while we are stationary. ) Gotcha. Ours is in the front of the fifth wheel and I noticed a large difference in temperature inside the closet.... so I'm thinking I'd prefer to keep it closed all the time for heat/ A/C reasons. Thank you. Mary

I was tired of getting scraped and scratched and having my clothes catch up on the catches so I removed them and put in these surface locks.

06.23.2016-12.26.png

https://www.amazon.com/Defender-Security-Patio-door-S-4124/dp/B000NCWR06/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1466709738&sr=8-10&keywords=lock+for+sliding+glass+door

They mount onto the surface of the mirror. I put one up high and one down at the bottom and when we move, just flip each one out to block the doors from passing each other while traveling.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I bought a pair about 4 years ago. Kept them "around" for another 19 months before I actually installed them. Boy do I wish I had not dawdled. They have been great. Do a terrific job of pinning the doors closed (as long as someone remembers to "flip" them) and are not objectionable to have visible.

Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Mary, we also have a closet across the front of our bedroom which is in the front of our fifth wheel. We also keep the doors closed all the time. When not traveling we slide the left door to the right side and the right side door to the left. This way the latches are not used when we are stationary. When we travel the doors are moved and latched shut. I hope this better explains what we do. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I did use a dowel but found that on the tippy-dippy roads of coastal oregon, a dowel in the bottom can make the doors sometimes jump the track. Other than that, I only have to sit somewhere for about a week and I forget where I put it.....

Thank you, Big Greg, for the clarification, understand now and makes sense. Interesting how such a tiny accessory for a minor chore can create multiple frustrations/expenses. One of the reasons these forums are so great. Thank you, All! Mary

My old motorhome had sliding doors like this, and a broken plastic catch. Somewhere before I bought it, someone had put a piece of velcro on either end. Super simple, and if I forgot to close the doors, the velcro would grab them after a few turns.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

You can find them on Ebay, along with all of the rest of the sliding door parts.

Larry & Joan Whitworth
Daisy - The Japanese Chin
Alex - The Tibetan Spaniel
2010 Crossroads Kingston KF36CK
2008 F-250 6.4L
Edge Evolution Programmer
Full Time Since 2007

USMC 1963-1969

Vietnam 1965-1966

Archived