Bank loan question

CobraBlue

Good Morning! I was considering applying for a small loan at a local bank. Based on my financial history I have never had any trouble obtaining a loan. Now that I am a full-time RVer, this is the first time ever applying for a loan and I have no physical address other than Escapees. As a result, the typical loan app question of do you own or rent and what is your monthly payment comes into question. Wondering if any one out there has been in this situation and how did you handle? thanks in advance for your feedback. Ben

We took out several loans during our 12 years of fulltiming. Assuming you own your RV (rather than renting it), check the "own" box. The monthly payment would be the amount you're paying on the loan for the RV...or, if you own it outright, then I'd put "0" or "n/a."

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Also understand. E er financial institution may question your address. So they may ask you for a second fixed address. We used our daughters, asked them to insert a letter a letter in our file that this was not our legal domicile.

For us its not worth the hassle to fight vwith them about it

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Welcome to the Escapee forums! It is great having you join us here and please don't leave once your question has been answered. We sure want you to stay around and join in often!

I too was going to suggest Alliant Credit Union. If you contact Rich Holke and let him know that you are an Escapee, you will be on the road to success! In addition, both First National Bank of Livingston and First State Bank of Livingston are also commercial members of the club so they should be happy to do business with you. I'd compare rates and services on all three.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 weeks later...

Archived