Just joined the club

Undrpsi

We just signed the paperwork for our New left over 2012 Sport Chassis. We fly out to pick it up next week. Cant wait. I have one question. It’s a left over 2012 that was a demo with less then 6000 miles on it. It was stored inside the factory accordingly to salesmen, when it was pulled out of storage and used as a demo. I asked about the tires as it build date was 10- 2011. I was told that there were no cracks and not to worry as its been stored in climate controlled wear house. Thoughts?

Any kind of PDI check list that I should take with me when I pick it up? Were taking delivery of the truck at the factory in Oklahoma.

Tires are still old. What hurts tire life is its lack of use. When a tire rolls, it generates heat which activates compounds inside the rubber structure that helps keep the tire compounds supple.

This is also the #1 issue with most RV tires. Just because a tire has been stored inside, out of the sun doesn't mean the tire life is preserved.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Tires are still old. What hurts tire life is its lack of use. When a tire rolls, it generates heat which activates compounds inside the rubber structure that helps keep the tire compounds supple.

This is also the #1 issue with most RV tires. Just because a tire has been stored inside, out of the sun doesn't mean the tire life is preserved.

I did not know this thanks

Archived