Cummins ISX Belts, Tensioners, and Idler Pulleys

Nuke-E

I just posted a write-up with a few pictures and parts cross-references for the belts, tensioners, and pulleys I replaced on my engine Sunday afternoon. The tensioners were replaced a while ago, but I included them since it would make more sense to do everything at once. Total cost for everything is right about $400.

I was tempted to put the old belts back on--they appear to be original, and didn't show any signs of aging or wear. Both idler pulleys had a fair bit of slop, and one of them had developed a noisy squeal in wet weather.

I struggled just a little bit getting part numbers without the help of Cummins at first--but stumbled upon listings at O'Reilly--you can put in year, make, model, and engine, just like with a car. They had all of the parts in stock at their distribution center on Cherry St.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Nuke-E Great job with the pulleys,belts,tensioners and the write up. What Cummins engine? Glad we got to meet at the ECR. Hope everything is going fine. Be safe. Pat

The Old Sailor

Archived