RV Parks in North West Washington

maggie blair

How about the fairgrounds in Puyallup, by Tacoma? They have full hookup sites for $25/day. No monthly rates, but 30 days would be $750, which is the same as or less than what the places in Issaquah cost, and unlike those, the fairgrounds rate includes electricity. And maybe tax, which can be punishing in Seattle. And you don't have to sign up for a month in advance.

The fairgrounds does have a wonky fee structure, where it's $30 if you pay outside office hours Monday-Friday. And it's $10/night higher (and probably a zoo) during the state fair in September, but you might be able to get a site somewhere else after the summer is over.

http://www.thefair.com/plan-your-trip/rv-parking

I've only driven by, not stayed there. It didn't look particularly squalid, and I've seen much worse looking sites at fairgrounds elsewhere. In fact, I've seen much worse looking sites at the other RV parks in Seattle, like several on Evergreen Highway up by the Boeing factory.

When we stayed for six weeks in the Seattle area a few years ago, we were at Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell, but they don't have monthly rates in the summer, and I expect the daily rate would be pushing $50 there, plus tax.

You said you're going to Seattle on weekends, so driving shouldn't be a big deal. But I'll note that I used a city bus between Tacoma and Seattle once (round trip) and it was surprisingly pleasant--it was all commuters who seemed to ride the same bus every day.

If you went the fairgrounds route, the one in Monroe at the Evergreen State Fair would be closer to Seattle than Puyallup - cost would be the same. Lake Pleasant is $44/night. Lakeside (in Everett) has weekly rates and while it is tricky getting into with a rig, once there it is easy to get in and out of with a car, is close to I-5 (but not much noise) and is a lot cheaper than Lake Pleasant. I do like Lake Pleasant, but our retirement isn't enough to manage month at a time stays there.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

If you went the fairgrounds route, the one in Monroe at the Evergreen State Fair would be closer to Seattle than Puyallup - cost would be the same.

The one in Monroe is only about 5 miles closer to the Queen Anne neighborhood, and might incur a toll, depending on the route. But the Monroe fairgrounds sites are water/electric only, for $25. The rate sheet says there are five full-hookup sites ("limited availability") for $30, but if you use the website to reserve a site with a sewer connection, it says there are none.

But most important, there's a 7-night maximum stay per month.

While a bit farther away, the City of Oak Harbor has a fairly nice RV Park. Right next to the Bay and it's part of the city park. Most things, shopping, etc. are within walking distance. I have seen rigs there for several months at a time, but have no idea of the rates. They are full hook up though.

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Archived