Windows 10 2-in-1s: Acer unveils Switch Alpha 12, liquid-cooled Surface Pro rival

RV_

Windows 10 fans will soon have a new, cheaper 2-in-1 option than the Surface Pro 4 with Acer's $599 Switch Alpha 12.

I really like the idea of water cooling, but need to play with one after the reviews come out to see if they are cool to the touch in use and get the better run times because no fans are taking any power. But this one looks great and the specs are unbelievable for the price.

Excerpt:

"Acer has taken the wraps off the Switch Alpha 12, a fanless, liquid-cooled 12-inch Windows 10 detachable notebook.

The device gives Windows 10 fans in the market for a 2-in-1 a new cheaper option than Microsoft's $899 Surface Pro 4. Acer says the liquid-cooling and the omission of a fan in the $599 Switch Alpha 12 should keep it both quiet and cool.

According to Acer, the fanless design is a first of its kind for a notebook featuring Intel's Skylake sixth generation Core i processors and help it deliver an eight-hour battery life.

Acer has given the Switch Alpha's aluminum body a brushed finish, while the 12-inch touch display features a 2,160 x 1,440 pixel resolution.

Like the Surface Pro 4, it can be bought with an attachable keyboard and features an adjustable kickstand that can be set to any angle up to 165 degrees. There's also a backlit keyboard option.

The notebook will go on sale in Europe in May starting at €699, followed by a June launch in the US where it will cost $599.

Exact pricing will be announced as the device launches in different markets. It will be available with either 4GB RAM or 8GB RAM running on Intel's Core i7, Core i5 or Core i3 processors. Storage options include 128GB, 256GB or 512GB SSD.

The device also features the two Type-C ports, three USB Type-A ports, one HDMI port, as well as audio input and output."

The article with pictures of it is here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-2-in-1s-acer-unveils-switch-alpha-12-liquid-cooled-surface-pro-rival/?tag=nl.e589&s_cid=e589&ttag=e589&ftag=TREc64629f

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived