Shopping Experience

buzz64

I thought I would take a chance and get away from an "ol Tried And True". Big mistake. I purchased some "bling" from Rainey's on line catalog. Their shipping policy states 24-48 hours till shipping. & days after my order was accepted it still was awaiting shipping. I called the customer support hotline and the difference in answers were incredible. Our days are only counted as business days. There is a hold up at the warehouse, we are working on it. One item comes from California and one from Florida. WOW! they are good. I placed my order on Tuesday and Nothing Was shipped until today, Following Tuesday. What happened to 24-48 hours? I guess IF you wanted to do business with them you are expected to call them before they will ship it. Sorry for the rant, wanted everyone to know about my experience with them.

My understanding is they no longer stock, but build to order..... that would explain the delay.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

So many internet storefronts are not backed by an actual warehouse any more these days. Many of these storefronts place an order with their vendor after they receive the order from you. So they are nothing more than a middleman.

I ordered a part from Raney's a week ago Monday morning, 3/21 . It is not a truck specific part and it just shipped yesterday. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, 3/31. Luckily it is nothing critical but 10 days is a long time from time ordered to in my hand.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Luckily it is nothing critical but 10 days is a long time from time ordered to in my hand.

We have come a long way in such a short time. It wasn't too long ago (in somewhat relative terms) that if you wanted something from the other coast, it had to be put on a train or worse a horse drawn carriage. :D 10 days would take magic.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

We have come a long way in such a short time. It wasn't too long ago (in somewhat relative terms) that if you wanted something from the other coast, it had to be put on a train or worse a horse drawn carriage. :D 10 days would take magic.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I remember just a couple years ago I would order something, and forget what it was I ordered when it finally showed up. Or how excited I was when I ordered a part from summit racing, and it showed up 2 days later.

Now with Amazon prime I get bummed if it's not here the next day.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I remember just a couple years ago I would order something, and forget what it was I ordered when it finally showed up. Or how excited I was when I ordered a part from summit racing, and it showed up 2 days later.

Now with Amazon prime I get bummed if it's not here the next day.

Same day delivery is the next step. Amazon is well underway with that in several large cities for specific products. I'm working with a retail chain now to see if we can make that happen for them, leveraging their inventory in-store and large geographic reach. Exciting times we live in. It's all about the data.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Same day delivery is the next step. Amazon is well underway with that in several large cities for specific products. I'm working with a retail chain now to see if we can make that happen for them, leveraging their inventory in-store and large geographic reach. Exciting times we live in. It's all about the data.

I've now had it happen a handful of times that I order something in the afternoon (Amazon Prime) and it is there the next MORNING. I think that is amazing.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I've now had it happen a handful of times that I order something in the afternoon (Amazon Prime) and it is there the next MORNING. I think that is amazing.

I love amazon prime. but it has slipped recently. Orders used to ship within 24hrs and arrive in 1-7 days. Now it seems everything takes 2-4 days to ship and arrives in 1-3 days. 90% of what I order is Prime yet I have had things take from Wed to Monday before they even shipped. I don't mind waiting on the mail, but waiting for the shipment notification ticks me off.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Yes, it has come a long way.However, If you can not ship in the time frame your company states, don't advertise it as so. Iowa80 shipping has been 3-5 days order part to my door. The thing the upset me was all the excuses they could come up with to justify the hold up. The funniest on was We calculate by business days. Their policy is 24-48 hours, no more than 72 after order. It was 8 days after my order and it was waiting shipping 4 days. I had to call them to get them to ship it and it still did not ship when I was told it would ship. If it takes a month to ship it tell me. That is all I am asking for. This in my book is customer service. Guess I am getting old.

Archived