Theo Roosevelt Medora Foundation

trostberg

I have never worked in Medora, but I was born in the area and have spent a fair amount of time there. Pretty much everything in Medora is within walking distance. The town is maybe a mile long from end to end. The only thing I would rather not walk to is the amphitheater where the musical and the pitchfork fondue are held. This us up on top of a plateau above town and is not really accessible walking because there is no sidewalk or path along the winding narrow road leading up to it. If you are reasonably healthy and can manage a mile or so walk without issue, you can walk to any point in town without difficulty. I have spent many hours walking around town and really enjoy that area. Even though I don't live there anymore, it still feels like home.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I did find out that I will be in the same campground where I am working. I was afraid the employee area might be out by the golf course or musical.

I did spend some time there....longer than anticipated with an alternator that went out over a holiday weekend. The staff was very helpful in finding me someone that was not under contract with the oil companies that could get me in without a month wait. I describe it as a mini Branson..... or like Mayberry on the Andy Griffin Show.

I have never been on the golf course (I am not a golfer). However, I am familiar with the property it is on because it used to belong to a family friend. It was a nice added attraction for the area when they put it in. It was also nice that they paved the road all the way out to the golf course. I agree with your descriptions of the town. It is geared toward tourists, but it still has that quaint, small town feel.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived