Yahoo Calender Reminders Coming Up as SPAM in G-mail?

Velos

I started using the Yahoo Calendar after I subscribed to my first Escapee Yahoo Group almost 15 years ago. My computer calendar program had crashed once and when a new revision came out it didn't capture my existing data when I updated. Yahoo Calendar was very convenient, I could log in anywhere and pull it up and I could have an e-mail reminder sent to any e-mail address. I use G-mail for my primary e-mail and Yahoo for lower priority email. I have looked in to Google Calendar but I don't like the reminder feature as well or maybe I just don't understand it?

My problem: Starting in January 2016 my Yahoo reminders are going to my SPAM file in G-Mail? That has never happened before. I have even marked the emails when G-mail asks for items that are not SPAM so that they may improve their SPAM filters but it hasn't changed anything. I hate to move everything over to a new program but will if I have to. E-mail and Text calendar reminders have been a great help to this sometimes foggy brain and I don't have to worry about carrying my paper calendar around with me. DH maintains the paper files.

If you use an electronic calendar which one do you use?

Also make sure to flag any that end up in spam as not spam, that will train the filter Gmail uses for spam detection.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived