51 MWF Buying First RV Ever and Moving into full time. Pointers?

patty2314

Married 51 MWF is selling home and we are looking to buy and Live Full time in 5th Wheel RV. We have plans to set it up her for 6 months then go on the Road. Never lived in one nor Stayed in One and Looking for advise, Pointers, Do's and Don" Etc.

Any advise be very helpful. Never have to many friends to chat with also.

Pattyconk@yahoo.com

Go look at as many floor plans as you can. Spend at least 30 minutes in each one pretending you are living in it--trying out each activity you do on a regular basis. Is there room for your feet in front of the toilet? Do your elbows bump the wall when you pretend to wash your hair in the shower? Do you get a crick in your neck trying to watch TV? Is the microwave at a height you'd be comfortable removing hot food from it? Etc. Etc. Be aware that a chair that feels great when you've been walking a lot may not be as comfortable for long term sitting--I like to plop down in one and read whatever literature is available about that particular rig to keep me in the chair for more than two minutes.

Take a camera with you and take your first picture of each rig of the label that tells you to which rig the following pictures belong because they will all run together in your mind.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Happy to have you with us and we will help as much as we can. :)

If you have no RV experience, you might want to consider a trip with a rental RV first just to be sure you understand what you are getting into. I also suggest that you visit the library or Amazon and get a couple of books about living in an RV and read those as well, just to be sure that you understand the sort of things which need to be done as you move to this lifestyle. You will probably also find a lot of very helpful information on the websites that can be found in links in the signatures of those who post here. I suggest that you spend some time looking through the many different ways we live. And ask as many questions as you need answers for as we are always here to help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome to the forums! Great advice above, I would add this, every chance you get read all the different forums on this site. Ask when you don't understand the abbreviations or what someone is talking about. You can learn volumes of information from folks who have been doing it for a long time. Don't be afraid to ask a question or think it might be stupid. The folks here are very very understanding because they all were new to full timing at one point in their lives.

Archived