Can anyone recommend reliable supplier to configure and install solar on my 2015 Bounder?

Backpacker

I am an avid backpacker who intends to use my Bounder as a boondocking basecamp from which to do multi-day backpacking trips in the mountains and canyons of the western US. I am looking for a reliable and trustworthy supplier/installer who can help me develop an optimal configuration and complete the install. I have heard good things about AM Solar in Springfield, Oregon but will need o travel from Austin, Texas for the installation.

Proper solar configuration and installation is crucial to my backpacking strategy. Can anyone weigh in on their own experiences with AM Solar and any other installers in the western US?

We have used RV Solar from Scottsdale for years. They supply the "kit" and ship it to a recommended installer. We just had a 165w panel installed(controller etc., plus other work) by D&R in Glendale. In and out in one day, they do have overnight accommodations. He is an Escapee commercial member.

Would highly recommend Starlight Solar n Yuma.

Had them install 1300 watts pf solar, 500AH of batteries and 3K inverter last March. Job was done in a timely manner, very neat and organized. They were very accommodating in how and where I want system installed and did not take any shortcuts or scrimp on wiring size.

Been using the system for almost a year now and have been very happy on how it s performing.

Check out Greg at RV Solar Solutions www.rvsolarsolutions.com

He works with AM Solar as a partnered installer and is presently in Quartzsite.

He travels full time and is very knowledgeable on all aspects of solar and its installation.

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 Honda Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10 - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A Lithium batteries, Victron Multiplus 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70 Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

Second Swharton's recomendation. We followed his recomendation tomD & R family RV for a TV upgrade which went well. When we arrived at their shop we realized that we had been to their shop in 2003 to install our solar on our same rig, and had purchased it as suggested in Swharton"s recomendation. We've done a good deal of boondocking over the years and the product and instillation have been very good for us. While we were there last week a large rig from Canada was have a solar system installed. Happy Travels!

Just visited Starlight and was going to have solar installed, my mind was made up,but I had some questions as to what panels, controller, etc that I wanted answered. Larry appeared to be pre occupied with what questions I did have and when another guy came in, he was more interested in helping him. Oh well, I'll be back up in the AM Solar area in a couple of months.

Larry did tell me that I am under using my AGMs and that I should discharge them down to 20% SOC instead of my normal 50%.

BTW, I am still waiting on an email from Starlight.

Archived