New to RVing and looking to buy a 5th wheel

desmondiv

Becoming a full-timer in a few months and need to decide between these two models:

Heartland Bighorn 3055RL

Holiday Rambler Alumascape 31 SKT

Any pros/cons to each? Any preferences and why? Thank you in advance for your help!

Desmond

Which year is the Bighorn that you are considering? I can only talk to the newer models made by Heartland.

Heartland has three RV series in its luxury class of RVs -- Landmark 365, Bighorn, and Big Country. All three of the current series are certified by HL for full timing. Lots of other RVs can't say that or are expressly NOT for full timing.

With auto-leveling, great energy management system (EMS) for managing your power usage, induction cooktops and microwave/convection ovens, it is like having a luxury one bedroom apartment that you can take with you wherever you go.

We have a 2015 Landmark 365 Key West and it is absolutely the finest RV we've ever be inside of, much less, owned. Lots of upgrades are available in the Landmark, Bighorn, and Big Country so pick the floorplan, weight, and price point that works best for you.

Good luck!

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

If you are considering a used trailer be sure to take your time checking it out and pay special attention to the floor. Step on the floor close to the walls even if it is someplace that is not normally walked on. If you find any part that is spongy that probably means a leak and there is a strong possibility the walls are rotted too.

I would add that a good roof walk about would be in order as well. Open closets and look up into the corners of the ceiling. You often find the tell-tale signs of a roof leak in these areas.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Another thing I have read about is that if you open a cabinet and it seems to be warmer in there than the rest of the camper that means there is "biological action" (mold) going on in there.........

Or the sun is shining on that side. :P

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived