This is Crazy

Maybe traveling in the 98-square-foot trailer with 2 people and 2 dogs. It could be 8X12'= 96 sq ft trailer

But they were in a utility Trailer nothing crazy about that.. They are some Full Timers in smaller trailers

Talk about small and Full Time this is what I would call a Small RV for 2 people and 1 dog. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I think this part is crazy:

spent about $10,000 turning a 98-square-foot trailer into a livable space, complete with toilet, mini fridge, sink, desk, pullout bed, and lots of hooks for storage.

I can't imagine spending that much on what little they did and they had the trailer to start from.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I think this part is crazy:

I can't imagine spending that much on what little they did and they had the trailer to start from.

X2. I can't imagine where that could have gone... maybe they paid part of that to have someone install the 2 little windows and the side door for them?? There couldn't have been more than a grand or so in materials for all the interior structures. Unless.. they had it done by a carpenter, I guess. Maybe another 1.5-2k in solar/batteries. Of course they could have just used that money.. along with the cost of the cargo trailer and got themselves a decent little TT.

There's a whole movement of urban "stealth" campers that convert cargo trailers. Nothing crazy there. For a young couple like that it's probably no major strain. Heck.. my rigs only 220sq ft and for a single, that's mighty roomy. The majority of my co-workers lived in "normal" sized apartments with families of 3 and 4 that were actually only around 350-400sq ft. It's an adjustment.. not a hardship.

Archived