3.5 hp outboard motor mount

PAylor

Hi all,

We just got an inflatable motor boat and a 3.5 hp motor. We still have our kayaks that we travel with. We thought this would broaden our horizons.

We are brainstorming how to transport it. I am sure that someone else has done this so I turn it over to the experts.

We have a 38 foot fifth wheel and a long bed truck. The fifth wheel has a 1 1/2 inch adaptor that we use for our bike rack. The long bed had a detachable tri fold bed cover. When we are on the road we fold back the cover but the whole thing comes off easily.

So our choices are the back of the fifth wheel or the bed of the truck. (Or inside the rv?)

Any suggestions are welcome! And thanks in advance.

Since I went to a 5th wheel, I go rid of my al. boat and went to a Port a bote a folding boat the that I fold up and strap under the 5th wheel. I have both an electric motor and a 3 hp gamefisher I bought used this yr for $45. Have yet to take the boat out with the new to me 3hp .

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

I'd store it upright wherever it winds up. I know you can drain it but I'd always be concerned about waster running back up into the head.

Perhaps a bracket mounted to the inside front of the box behind the driver, store it upright, secure it and cover it with a custom made cover to disguise it.

Maybe a swivel mount and store it at 45 degrees to hide it.

You should be able to just lay it in the bed of the truck without hurting it. But, as mentioned before, lock it up any way you can.

that is what I do with mine it lays on a moving pad and is cable to stay in my bed till I need to use.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Archived