Verizon 6620L Jetpack

ezdays

OK, so I ordered the OmniLynx unlimited data plan, received the Jetpack, had a great time for two months, then it was cancelled--no big surprise. Now stuck with the Jetpack. Has anyone gone through this and what have you done with the 6620L? Did you put on Ebay or holding on to it? Can it be used with only Verizon? Thanks.

I had a Verizon 4620 and 20GB/mo account that I had suspended while trying out the OmniLynx plan. When the OmniLynx deal fell apart and left me with the 6620, I trimmed the micro-SIM from the 4620 down to nano-SIM size and moved my now restarted Verizon service to the 6620 for its better features. I'm keeping the 4620 as a spare.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Pretty spiffy gift us OmniLynx customers got! Yes, you can sell it on eBay, etc - probably fetching around a $100 or so. You can also activate it on a new Verizon plan, or transplant a SIM card from another Verizon plan on it (you might need to adapt their sizes, here's our guide to that: Changing SIM Card Sizes: Cutting Down & Adapting Up)

For us, we're keeping ours as a spare. We may sell or gift it on in the future.

And, Verizon LTE hotspots can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T with some setting adjustments. Chris just published a member guide to it: Using a Verizon Jetpack Hotspot on T-Mobile or AT&T

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Any info about adding it to my Verizon unlimited plan would be appreciated. Last year after Millencom closed I was going to get a 3rd phone to use as a hotspot but the clerk told me it could not use my unlimited data, I would have to pay for its data plan. I was disappointed and we turned on the hotspots on our phones which we have used since except for the short lived Omni Lynx!

I am going to take the Jet Pack down to a company Verizon store when I get back home and see what they say!!

We are transitioning from full time to part time and now have a house to deal with. I have set up OTA TV with the Channel Master DVR+ that is working out well so might not get cable internet.

We will see how the OTA TV works! But, I have learned how to set up systems to "watch" the house while we are gone, but I need i-net in the house so the Jet Pack is a candidate for that even if I have to buy some data plan.

Off on a trip now but this is nearing top of my to-do list as we will be hitting the road again after the holidays!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

You can just put your unlimited data plan's phone SIM card into a Jetpack and have it work. Many of us do that and keep the unlimited line as our primary internet connection (the Verizon stores aren't likely to tell you that you can do this.).

However, on these older style plans, they don't share data like Verizon's new plans do - so you can't just add the Jetpack to your unlimited account. So if you want Verizon service on your phone, you'd need to activate a new plan for that. Also be aware that porting your old phone number associated with your unlimited line to a new line is quite tricky, and can risk losing your unlimited data.

We do keep a full guide to the unlimited plans on our resource center.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived