Hepvo Waterless Trap

Yarome

How well do those waterless traps really work?

I'm not as concerned about odors, but it would be kind of nice to 'streamline' the under-sink storage areas and do away with the check valves.

My main concern is how well do they "pass through"? Adding any kind of 'restriction' in my drain line tends to make me worry about the need to use more water, but I have no experience with them. So what's the skinny?

Other than an occasional cleaning to remove crud, ours have been working fine. There is one mounted vertically from the shower drain, and the other is mounted horizontally under the bathroom sink. They seem to do the job, with no odor problem. The rig is a 2012, so they are holding up well.

These traps have been used in Europe for years. It is taking time for building codes to allow them in the US.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I've used them several times over the years in non-RV installations. They have all performed as expected. I would not hesitate to use them in an RV. In the Spring I am building two outdoor kitchens and will use them in the sinks.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I have been interested for a long time but have held off because of the possibility of mineral buildup on the mating surfaces. I have seen this on the toilet valve and on the air venting caps under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Those have rubber flaps and both have gotten crusty buildups over long times. I suspect each person's experiences are going to be different depending on what water refining equipment they have on all their incoming shore water. Water softeners would certainly be a help in some RV parks.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I have been interested for a long time but have held off because of the possibility of mineral buildup on the mating surfaces. I have seen this on the toilet valve and on the air venting caps under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Those have rubber flaps and both have gotten crusty buildups over long times. I suspect each person's experiences are going to be different depending on what water refining equipment they have on all their incoming shore water. Water softeners would certainly be a help in some RV parks.

I solved all those issues in my rig by installing a whole house RO system. While it is not for those who want to "set and forget" it, the results are outstanding. Once Gregg gets the updated video on his channel I'll post a link. In the meantime, here is a link to the design paper for those interested.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived