Hepvo Waterless Trap

Yarome

How well do those waterless traps really work?

I'm not as concerned about odors, but it would be kind of nice to 'streamline' the under-sink storage areas and do away with the check valves.

My main concern is how well do they "pass through"? Adding any kind of 'restriction' in my drain line tends to make me worry about the need to use more water, but I have no experience with them. So what's the skinny?

Other than an occasional cleaning to remove crud, ours have been working fine. There is one mounted vertically from the shower drain, and the other is mounted horizontally under the bathroom sink. They seem to do the job, with no odor problem. The rig is a 2012, so they are holding up well.

I have been interested for a long time but have held off because of the possibility of mineral buildup on the mating surfaces. I have seen this on the toilet valve and on the air venting caps under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Those have rubber flaps and both have gotten crusty buildups over long times. I suspect each person's experiences are going to be different depending on what water refining equipment they have on all their incoming shore water. Water softeners would certainly be a help in some RV parks.

I have been interested for a long time but have held off because of the possibility of mineral buildup on the mating surfaces. I have seen this on the toilet valve and on the air venting caps under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Those have rubber flaps and both have gotten crusty buildups over long times. I suspect each person's experiences are going to be different depending on what water refining equipment they have on all their incoming shore water. Water softeners would certainly be a help in some RV parks.

I solved all those issues in my rig by installing a whole house RO system. While it is not for those who want to "set and forget" it, the results are outstanding. Once Gregg gets the updated video on his channel I'll post a link. In the meantime, here is a link to the design paper for those interested.

Archived