Well we promise excitement on our caravans...but

telcoman

Cool pic. Something similar happened to us a number of years ago when traveling in Costa Rica. Rincon De La Vieja Volcano decided to put on a show for us. And another one, I believe it was Mt. Paos started erupting while I was playing a round of golf outside San Jose.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

one thing i insisted on before we started this trip. I was aware this volcano was very active. It did a major eruption last year the day after we passed it. Since it was in the path of patricia a few weeks ago, you woudl have thought the rain would have it out, LOL.

BTW lots of damage from Patricia here on coast with downed trees and blown off roofs still. There si one 5th wheel here that was stored over the winter which has the skin peeled off its front. I suppose the only good thing about that is that it has dry rot under there that would not have been visible otherwise. There were 4 other rigs stored here, all of them under sturdy palapas with tile roofs. Most of those roofs are missing at least 1/2 of their tiles. The fact there is a 6 story concrete Hotel providing some wind shelter helped.

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

Archived