Eternabond

Does anyone know anything bad about Eternabond ? I love this stuff, this is my second rig using it and the only complaint I have is I wish previous owners would have use it rather than all the goop and glop that is on the seems by the time I get to it. The back cap took two hours to clean off the old, and about twenty minutes to put the tape on. I like it because its the kind of product that makes me look good.

post-35745-0-60373800-1441321030_thumb.jpg

post-35745-0-89682000-1441321031_thumb.jpg

post-35745-0-80167000-1441321032_thumb.jpg

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Does anyone know anything bad about Eternabond ?

The only 'bad' thing I could every say about Eternabond is you better be sure about where you stick it. Have you ever tried getting it off? It's almost an exercise in futility. I still use Dicor around things that I may eventually need to replace out of want or necessity. Solar panel mount, antenna, etc. I do have it on my skylight, but going in I knew if it ever needs to be replaced I would be doing the cut a seam and tape over the existing Eternabond method. It wouldn't be pretty, but there's no way I'm taking a heat gun and gasoline/kerosene to my roof to get the old stuff up.

Nice job, BTW. Looks sharp!

The aforementioned 'pains' are the same as I have using a roof repair tape I get at Menards or the like for a fraction of the cost of Eternabond .

ie : 6" x 25' is under 12 bucks .

The tape I use :

1511855.jpg

5 Years since I applied the first tape to seams and around other 'obstacles' sticking up from the roof and it still looks great and doing it's intended job as if it were day one . Our Monaco has not been under cover since , but to have a Safety Plus steering stabilizer installed .

So , the only real pain I see with Eternabond is the cost . Still , it's a great product .

Goes around , comes around .

Ok educate a "newbie" time...is it for fixing leaks on roofs or like duct tape and is for many other uses or what???

Short answer? Yes. It will stick to just about anything other than silicone and can easily double as a repair tape, although pretty spendy if you're just patching a small rip in your awning. It does remain flexible though so I don't think it would do well in "stressed" repairs. Like reattaching one side of a ladder rung or attaching a tire to a hub with no lug nuts. Duct tape is still best for that. ;)

Guest THE TRAILERKING

WOW homeless.....

You did an awesome job.

I am going to reseal my entire roof on my 40' through the winter. If you have nothing better to do come on up.......I could use a hand. :wub:

I searched for a long time to find something to seal the slits I had to cut in the underbelly fabric when I replaced a sewer valve. Nothing stuck for any length of time until I finally tried Eternabond. It worked perfectly and lasted until I needed to remove it the next time I replaced the valve. It wasn't even that hard to get off the fabric. Great stuff. I have used it to permanently seal every seam on the top of my rig, and I used it to cover a hole in the fiberglass on the nose of the rig for over a year until I had it repaired. Fortunately it matched the color and was hardly noticeable.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Archived