50 amp to a 15 amp?

Linedog

I'm picking up a new 5th wheel that's 50 amp and I would like to plug it into my garage. I currently have our 30 amp trailer plugged in to keep the batteries charged and run the TV and small items once in a while. I would do the same for the 5th wheel, keep the batteries charged etc. I just don't like the idea of hauling out my 50 amp cord, then using the 50-30 dog bone just to plug it into the house. I have looked high and low and am thinking I'll have to make one! Anybody seen one or know where to find one?

The major cost of a custom 15 amp to 50 amp adapter is the Round 50 amp Plug for the trailer receptacle. That can run from $65 to $100.

Given that, you use your 50 amp cord, a 30 amp to 50 amp dogbone adapter and a 15 amp to 30 amp adapter (not necessarily a dogbone)..

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I carry two 25 foot 30 amp extension cords. When I plug into the house I use one of those and just plug it into the 50 amp cord inside the storage compartment.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

First let me say, welcome to the Escapee forums! It is great to have you with us and we will help as much as possible.

I have looked high and low and am thinking I'll have to make one! Anybody seen one or know where to find one?

You can get one at most Walmart stores or Walmart online. You could also get one from Amazon market or Camping World or most any other RV supply store.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I like these compact adaptors.

http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Industries-50-30-50-Amp/dp/B002UC4T08

Easy to handle, store, and you can get them in almost any combination, combine them, etc.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Perhaps I need to explain in more detail. The new 5er has a male marine type plug in the back just like my trailer has a marine type 30 amp plug. I'm looking for a female 50 amp marine type that converts down to a 15 amp that a heavy duty extension cord can be plugged into.

Just found one on Amazon, I must not have been using the right key words before!

post-50658-0-51761100-1439776980_thumb.jpg

Archived