Trailer Brake Plumbing

VegasFlyer

Can anyone who owns a Gen 2 Volvo that has a factory installed Trailer Brake Hand Valve (Johnson Bar), tell me where the supply and application lines are actually connected or spliced into the system?

I am trying to help someone install a hand valve and the manual does not refer to the physical location to locate the T fittings.

We are assuming that the exhaust line is ported outside of the cab.

Thanks,

John

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Thanks Lou, Scott (MrSeas), just sent me the pdf. I had a similar section of the manual but it did not have the air line layout.

I will scour the schematics and see if we can decipher this.

A quick look shows a couple ways to plumb the valve depending on the number of ports on the Park Valve. We need to determine if there will be any other routing or switching of lines outside of the cab.

John

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

Thanks Lou, Scott (MrSeas), just sent me the pdf. I had a similar section of the manual but it did not have the air line layout.

I will scour the schematics and see if we can decipher this.

A quick look shows a couple ways to plumb the valve depending on the number of ports on the Park Valve. We need to determine if there will be any other routing or switching of lines outside of the cab.

John

i believe you add a T off one of the airlines behind the park brake valve. i sent scott the PDF. sometimes there schematics are hard to understand. ill see if i can scrounge up anything better for you.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

As a side note, does anyone have any alternate sources for Gen 2 VN Manuals, other than the Volvo site? I have gotten several from the site, though it appears a lot are missing.

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

As a side note, does anyone have any alternate sources for Gen 2 VN Manuals, other than the Volvo site? I have gotten several from the site, though it appears a lot are missing.

i have a Volvo Branded CD full of manuals for the Gen 2... been trying to update it with the updated manuals (pdfs) as i get them and add them to the index file.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem

i have a Volvo Branded CD full of manuals for the Gen 2... been trying to update it with the updated manuals (pdfs) as i get them and add them to the index file.

Well since Volvo offers a lot of their manuals online for free, I wonder if anyone would have heartburn if we set something up to share them?

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

Well since Volvo offers a lot of their manuals online for free, I wonder if anyone would have heartburn if we set something up to share them?

alot of these ARENT out in public unless you buy the CD. i paid greater than $150 for it. and *I* surely wouldnt want to dump the whole CD anywhere online.

the consequences of a legal fight to me makes it NOT worth it. (to post the whole CD contents online)

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Good point. Did you buy it at Volvo?

back in the day you could for sure. i dont have anything newer than 2005 for the CD. ive been watching the part numbers and havent seen anything newer than the 2006 VT CD but that covers ONLY the VT series.

seems Volvo wants to peice meal it on there website. some are free, some they want you to pay for. i always try to grab the newest free stuff but there website is a Nightmare.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

back in the day you could for sure. i dont have anything newer than 2005 for the CD. ive been watching the part numbers and havent seen anything newer than the 2006 VT CD but that covers ONLY the VT series.

seems Volvo wants to peice meal it on there website. some are free, some they want you to pay for. i always try to grab the newest free stuff but there website is a Nightmare.

You got that right.

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

I'd like to get this hand controller plumbed in on mine when it goes into Kamloops Volvo for the new shifter. I'd sure appreciate a diagram or schematic re plumbing in the Max Brake so the stock trailer brake could be used.

PDF would be fine, I'm a little better on the computer than Dave the Hammer.

Archived