flash player why now?

I treat that as a phishing ad and ignore. I only update Flash by going to the Adobe Web site. In Win8, you can check Flash status in the Control Panel.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Did you verify you are at the latest level of Flash?

From what I can determine, this warning is piggybacked on numerous adware which is everywhere. If you follow the popup, it might update Flash but will add in some extra stuff.

Make sure you are up todate, it seems that the popups are trigger by your version not being the latest.

Then cancel the popups.

I run with Flash set to "Ask to run: on FireFox and Chrome. I think because I do that, the popup sensing is skipped on page load. I have to add the extra step of allowing Flash on the video I want to watch. But then a lot of extra Flash in the ads on some of the pages I view do not load.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I really wish that Flash would go ahead and finish dying. It does not work on Android and the only useful workaround is the Dolphin browser which is the only reason I even have that one installed. It's one thing to say that it is dead but quite another to actually kill it in its tracks and switch to something better.

Since Chrome had its own builtin version of flash, there were some conflicts and one could choose which to use. I don't know about all that now.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

• 5 weeks later...

After trying every thing suggested. I gave up. Figured Windows 10 would fix it when I get it. Have not gotten 10 yet, but flash now works ALMOST. Each time a video plays I get a massage Some .com site wants storage space on my computer. What the hell is that. I checked and on 8-15 an automatic Windows update installed the newest version of Flash.

c u on the road

airstream harry

2000 Land Yacht MH

2007 Saturn Ion

Harry,

Do have malwarebytes installed? If not download it and run it. What are you running for an antimalware program? Defender? Some other retial or free anti malware?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Beats me Harry!

I just loaded my first computer with it

Windows 10 last night and have not gotten much time with it yet. It wasn't much of a major event as some have painted it. I felt like I was in Windows 8.1 with a new browser. Like when I use the Aviator Browser. I think soon HTML5 will be replacing Flash everywhere. Read this wiki about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5

To see how your browser stacks up in HTML5 compatibility go here: http://html5test.com/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived